Thank you for your interest in inviting me to speak at your event. I’m so grateful. To make this as easy as possible for you, here’s what you do from here:
- Fill out a speaking request form on my website. (http://jenpollockmichel.com/i-speak-2/speaking-request/). Your answers to these questions help me understand your goals for your event as well as the demographic of your audience.
- Review my current honorarium rates. (See below.)
- When I’ve received your speaking request, I’ll schedule a brief phone call to discuss your event further. This is a great chance to decide if I’m the best fit for your event.
- If you do decide that you would like to book me after we have spoken, I will email you a booking arrangement. Once you’ve signed this and returned it to me, it’s official!
“Jen is a gifted writer as well as a gifted speaker. She is an excellent communicator, combining personal stories, humor, and deep insight into biblical truths. Jen is not afraid to be transparent, which allows her to speak truth with candor. Most of all, she has the gift of encouragement. You simply want to take the journey into the heart of God that she has been on.”
– James Bryan Smith, Author of The Apprentice Series (IVP) and Executive Director of The Apprentice Institute
Do you travel? I do take a limited amount of out-of-town speaking engagements each year. My website lists my current bookings. Generally, I do not book events on Sundays.
I fly competitive coach rates out of Toronto and prefer booking flights for myself, if that can be arranged.
How much do you charge? Aside from asking the inviting church/conference to cover travel/lodging/food for me, I generally charge between $800-$1200/day. This can be negotiated, especially for church-sponsored events. In fixing my rates, I consider: travel requirements, length of event (if multiple days), required preparation, and extent of on-the-ground responsibilities. For local events, I charge considerably less.
What speaking topics can you present? I enjoy speaking on the topics of my written work, especially my two books (Teach Us to Want, IVP, 2014; and forthcoming, Keeping Place: Reflections on the Meaning of Home, IVP, 2017). I have led retreats and workshops and presented keynote addresses on my books as well as other subjects. In terms of presentation style, I attempt to be biblically sound, culturally relevant, and personally engaging.
Do you have speaking samples? If you have access to the popular subscription site RightNow Media (rightnow.org), you will be able to view my video series, Teach Us to Want and Keeping Place. DVDs are also available for purchase at intervarsitypress.org.
Thank you again for your interest! I prayerfully consider each invitation and if I am unable to attend your event, I am happy to suggest other potential names. I will review your speaking request form and be in touch.